Tuesday, 1 March 2016

Two lipstick recommendations - The rose-y brown kind!


 

Today, I wanted to shout out about two lip products that I have been using for nearly 6 months now on and off. I hardly ever reach for anything else because they need no effort at all to apply and look great too.


The Revlon Matte Balm in Sultry Sulfureuse (Approx. Rs 850, here) is the perfect brown meets rose lip colour. It looks very intense if swiped on straight from the bullet. I wear it as a stain by taking one swipe and then rubbing it around with a finger. I have NEVER owned a single matte lipstick before this one since I presumed they would all be sahara-esque. But this one seems alright and I sometimes even apply a lip balm over the lipstick which makes it even better.


Revlon Matte Balm Sultry Sulfureuse

On the other hand, the Lancome Shine lover in 286 (Approx Rs 2500, available here) has a creamy balm like finish. I swipe it straight from the bullet like I would a balm. I pay least attention to precision as it is very close to my natural lip colour. This is precisely the kind of lipsticks I live for! The Lancome one is a bit more brown toned compared to Revlon but equally pretty nevertheless.


Lancome Shine Lover 286
I thought twice about posting the lip swatches above, because honestly they look a bit rubbish especially the Revlon one. But I figured something is better than not posting any picture at all. Trust me, both the lipsticks looks tonnes better in real life!


Lance Shine Lover 286 (Left), Revlon Matte Balm Sultry Sulfureuse (Right)