Monday, 26 May 2014

First Impressions - Estee Lauder Advance Night Repair Serum


Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair II (ANR), easily my most wished for beauty item! I held back from buying the stuff for so long due to two reasons, one being the price and second being the fear of not liking it having just spent a fortune on a single skincare item. It costs a whopping Rs 4800 for 30ml (My husband calls it liquid gold!). I justified the price by buying it with a gift card I received that was lying around for ages, it really felt like I was not spending my own money on it. The things we do to justify spending right?! :P

Now for the second question of whether I like it or not. I think I do. But it is not what I expected it to be. Let me elaborate! I have been using it regularly for about 2 weeks now. I pump out around 5-6 drops, dot it all over my face and gently rub it in. It takes literally zero seconds for the stuff to sink in. I am so used to using oils at night. They take a while to sink in and during that time my face looks a tad bit oily. But with ANR there is none of that oiliness, it sinks straight into the skin, which I really like.

How does it perform? This one is a bit weird, it performs but only on certain areas of my face. Let me elaborate again! It makes my skin super soft, come morning my face feels extremely nourished and soft to the touch. What I find bizarre though is the fact that it seems to stop at that, softening the skin. It has done nothing to the problem areas of my face aka my chin. My chin is at its worst possible state right now with so many small whitish bumps dotted around the mouth area, I am yet to figure out what is causing all the congestion. I thought one sweep of this product and I will wake up looking spotless. But no, it did nothing to make me look spotless. It seems more like a hydrating and nourishing serum than a problem corrector if you know what I mean.

So far I think it is a really good serum if you are looking for feeding your skin with some nourishment but if you are looking for spot correcting, pore minimising or cure for other skin problems then this might not be the one for you. Although while reading this you should remember that I am still fairly new to this product and this is strictly a first impressions post. I will certainly do an update post when I have firmly made up my mind about the stuff.