Friday, 9 May 2014

Empties & Replacements #3

1) MAC Studio Fix Powder / Laura Mercier Powder Foundation
1) MAC Studio Fix Powder / Laura Mercier Powder Foundation
2) balance Me face balm / Merumaya Melting Cleansing Balm
3) Head & Shoulders shampoo / Dove Nutritive Solutions Shampoo
1) MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation / Laura Mercier Powder Foundation

MAC Studio Fix powder is hands down my favourite everyday foundation for being so fool-proof at achieving a medium coverage natural looking face. Love it. I have talked about it too much on the blog already. This is my second empty compact of the stuff.

Replaced with a powder foundation compact from Laura Mercier. Not overly impressed with it, took it out just to finish it off before breaking open a new Mac studio fix compact.

2) balance Me cleansing balm / Merumaya cleansing balm

I love a good cleansing balm. They are so effective at removing makeup yet leave skin feeling plump and nourished. Having said that I really did not get along well with the balance me face balm. I loved it to begin with and gradually it became too oily leaving behind a greasy residue anytime I washed face with it. I guess the formula was not consistent throughout the tube. I have talked about it more in detail here.

Replaced with the Marumaya cleansing balm. So far so good, yet to form a full opinion on it.

3) Head & Shoulders shampoo / Dove nourishing oil care shampoo

I like H&S shampoos & conditioners, they are a lot more gentle these days compared to the times when they were predominantly marketed as anti-dandruff shampoos. But I hardly ever stick to the same shampoo, I like to try new ones all the time.

Replaced with Dove nourishing oil care shampoo (Dove and Pantene have got to be my fav drugstore hair brands). After being so impressed with the conditioner from this range I had to try out the matching shampoo too and I really like it a lot. It leaves my hair feeling very very soft. This duo is perfect for the reverse washing hair technique I spoke about here.

***
I am sitting here wondering how to finish this post without sounding abrupt! Maybe I can give a sneak peek into the next post!