Wednesday, 2 April 2014

Today's makeup menu - FOTD




This is a FOTD post featuring some of my all time favourite products. Let me quickly walk you through my makeup face, it took me all of 10 minutes to achieve this look. It is truly amazing how much difference a little bit of makeup can do to my dull and tired looking face (I am a mum of a very energetic toddler daughter!). On me it helps lessen the appearance of scars from healing acne and masks a dull face making it look like I actually had the cliched 8-hour sleep! Without further ado let me start with the star of the show!

Clarins Beauty Flash Balm - I have talked dedicated an entire post to this here, but in short the person who named this product must be given an award for coming up with the most apt name ever! It truly is beauty in a flash, it feels so light and replaces everything from serum to moisturiser when I am looking to achieve a full-on glow! True to its claims it tightens everything making pores appear smaller and boy does it brighten like a pro. Even my mum asked me what I did to my face cause my skin was glowing. Now that is a compliment I would ever be happy to receive everyday ;) 

Immediately after applying the beauty flash balm I applied MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation using the sponge that comes with it. It is the best no-fuss foundation ever! I then applied the Chanel cream blush in Destiny. It is such a shame the effect is not captured in the pictures. It gives the most gorgeous peachy brown cheeks and adds a beautiful sheen to the cheek bone area. I have tried my best to find out how it does it without any shimmer or glitter, it is magic. I LOVE it, totally worth the price tag! Then I move on to fill in my brows using MAC Eyebrow pencil in Stud. I have gone through so many of these pencils. I have tried a few drugstore ones and have always come back to this. It is the best for fool-proof brows (My brows need some attention. I am trying to grow them out to fix a bad threading job). For eyes I used the Rimmel Scandaleyes Kohl Kajal in Black. It is the creamiest kajal ever! I love MAC gel liner in Blacktrack but it is not the most convenient to use. This is blacktrack in pencil form. Love it! No look is complete without mascara. I used Benefit They're Real mascara. Love this mascara. More on it here. For the lips I wore Revlon Just Bitten Balm Stain in the shade Honey Douce (Not shown in the pic). This is the perfect everyday pink shade. It is quite subtle and is easy to re-apply. I reach for this when I crave a pink lip but do not have the time or energy to go high-maintenance with a lipstick.  That completes my face!

For my hair, I sprayed the Bumble and Bumble thickening hair spray into slightly damp hair and let it air dry. I put my hair up 90% of the time due to the HOT weather in Chennai. I did a messy french braid and called it a day.

I hope you like the look. Below is a closeup showing every scar, blemish and pimple! What is the point in posting a FOTD falsely showing off flawless skin! It is very misleading!