Monday, 21 April 2014

The Husband Haul - Makeup & Other Beauty bits







Husband Haul sound very wrong! I meant to say a haul that my husband very sweetly carried all the way from the UK to India (Not that he carried everything himself, but you know what I mean)! Do not panic seeing so much stuff, you have to remember that the stuff shown was ordered over a 3 month period and I went a teensy bit crazy thinking I will not get any of this stuff in India, so might as well order everything I need!

I have split the post into makeup and skincare bits. 

Charles Worthington Texture & Volume SPray
I love a good hair spray to add some volume to my otherwise flat and fine hair. This one was touted as the perfect dupe for the Oribe dry texturising spray which costs 4 times the price of this. So of course I went for the cheaper option. Who doesn't love a good dupe!

Clinique Cheek pop
This blush from Clinique was literally haunting me in my dreams. When they first came out I thought they looked a little cheap and kiddish with the flower pattern and the perspex packaging but when I heard that they looked like powder but went on like cream I just had to try it for myself. I even read someone on Youtube say that there is nothing like this out there, so obviously I was very very curious. I had a tough time deciding between peach and ginger pop, but will talk about that more in the actual review.

Clarins Instant Perfection Primer
Because I love Clarins, I am new to primers & love the beauty flash balm and there was a 1/3rd off all Clarins products! Need I say  more?!

By Terry Cover Expert Foundation
This is literally the most expensive foundation that I own to date, but I did not buy it full prize. I took a huge gamble guessing the shade from online swatches, but the shade itself is pretty spot on. As for the formula I still haven't worn it full face although I am itching to try it soooon!

By Terry Nail Laquer set
This was on sale and everything from the brand By Terry has been a major hit with me, so I thought why not?! (I hope my husband is not reading this!)

Sally Hansen Instant Dry Top Coat
I needed a good top coat and this fit the bill and was affordable too.

Lip Balms
Because I am addicted to them. I am currently using the Korres lip butter and absolutely love it but when it comes to lip balms I never stick to one, I love them and leave them.
Nuxe Rev De Miel is raved about left right and centre, of course the beauty junkie in me has been dying to get it asap!

Samples
Samples that come with purchases do not particularly excite me. But I love the EL Modern Muse perfume sample. The scent is good and the packaging perfect for travel.

I am so darn excited to try every one of these products. SO excited that I want to open everything and dig my fingers right in all at once. But that would be a total waste, why would I want to have 5 lip balms in rotation at the same time right. I am going to give my craziness some rest and let my head rule my heart! Is there anything in here that you are considering buying?