Wednesday, 9 April 2014

Review & FOTD: Chanel Cream Blush - Destiny



CHANEL LE BLUSH CREME DE CHANEL, DESTINY - RS 2300

Chanel cream blush in Destiny is my blush of choice if I am going for a natural cheek look. I am a sucker for blushes and more so for terracotta or peachy-browns whatever you want to call them, you know the ones that look kinda brown in the pan but when swatched have a hidden peachiness that transforms your cheeks into sun-kissed beauts?! That is exactly what the shade Destiny is. A slight dab injects a dose of healthy warmth to the cheek area like you just got back from a sun-filled holiday!

On to the formula, this is a cream-to-powder formula blush. The blush turns into powder as soon as it touches the skin but thankfully does not look powdery. I apply it with my ring finger and it blends like an absolute dream. It is so easy to work with, you can sheer it out or built it up according to the sort of look you are going for. But what baffles me is the subtle glow it imparts to the cheeks because there is not a shimmer in sight. Even my mum asked me what I was wearing on my cheeks because my skin seemed to glow! 

The longevity is decent too. It lasts about 6 hours on me after which it starts to fade. To be honest I have an issue with blushes not lasting that long on me anyways. Of the ones I own, cream blushes generally last longer on me. Of powders, MAC gingerly is the best in the longevity department which might be due to the fact that I apply it with a heavy hand!

If the glowing review has not given it away already, I freaking adore this blush. I have an unhealthy obsession with blushes (hence the name of the blog and cream blushes featured in my best makeup finds of 2013!) and this message goes to anyone out there sharing the same sort of passion for blushes as I do - you need a Chanel cream blush! If not for this particular colour then at least for the formula! And the packaging is pretty slim and sleek too, I am glad they have not included a brush in it (which really bothers me when it comes to their powder blushes).

Have you tried cream blushes? What is your favourite Chanel product if any? Recommendations please! (I seem to be asking for recommendations in every post of mine but I genuinely love knowing what others love, I am nosy like that :D)



Gosh! Photographing blush is the hardest thing, it just does not seem to show up no matter how much I apply. Can you see it here?