Thursday, 6 March 2014

Review & FOTD: MAC Creme in your coffee




Today's post is all about my current favourite lipstick of choice, MAC Creme in your coffee. Let me get the itty-bitty details out of the way

  • It is a MAC cremesheen finish lipstick - creamy and glossy on the lips without compromising on the pigmentation.
  • Lips are left feeling moisturised, but I would still suggest using a clear lip balm underneath because it goes a tad bit drier on my top lip and not so dry on my bottom lip! (My lips are weird!)
  • Heavily pigmented and goes on opaque in a single swipe.
  • Creamy consistency that imparts a buttery melted texture to the lips (If buttery lips made no sense, then you have see my before/after lip swatches below!).
  • Part of the MAC permanent line, standard MAC packaging with the gorgeous vanilla scent!
  • Wear time is the usual, an average of 3 hours after which it fades and leaves a slight brown-y tinge to the lips. (Nothing wears more than that on me!)
Moving on to the shade, on me it comes off a pinky brown, more pink than brown making it a bit different from the standard neutral colours I usually go for. This would make for a perfect work lipstick as it looks nice and polished, not too nude but not too in your face either, just perfect. This would suit almost every skin tone out there, but on deeper skintones in particular(in the region of NC40 and above) this would be perfect gorgeousness. Highly Recommend!

Before - Bare lips

After - Wearing MAC Creme in your coffee.

DUPE ALERT - Moving on to the dupe. The Lakme Enrich Satin 129 that I talked about in this post looks very very similar to Creme in your coffee in terms of colour and texture. What do you think?

L - Lakme Enrich Satin 129, R- MAC Creme in your coffee

L- Lakme Enrich Satin 129, R- MAC Creme in your coffee
Ashley, you should totally get this lipstick, for obvious reasons :)