Tuesday, 18 March 2014

Review, FOTD: Lakme Aquashine Lip Colour in Fig & Wildberry

Lakme Aquashine - Top Wild berry, Bottom Fig
Lakme Aquashine - Top Wild berry, Bottom Fig
I want to start this post with a disclaimer - I DO NOT like the pictures I have taken of myself here. I look like I went to bed with lipstick on, I was too lazy and just slapped on the lipstick with nothing else on the face - Hence the tired looking face! But as always I'd rather post the pictures than let them and my effort go waste. On to the review now...

Today's post is about two different shades of the Lakme Aquashine 3 in 1 lipsticks, Fig and Wild berry. One of them is a complete winner while the other not so much. 

The formula of these lipsticks is exactly what you would expect out of liquid lipsticks - Glossy, creamy and opaque while being moisturising on the lips. The moisturising aspect of these lipsticks blew me away thanks to the "conditioner" Lakme claims to have added to the formulation, the other two of the 3-in-1 claim being colour and Gloss. In my opinion this is one of the best lip products amongst all of Lakme's offerings and one that I have repurchased time and time again.

On to the shades, Fig is the prettiest of everything I have tried in this range. A pinky brown everyday nude shade that goes perfectly well with any eye makeup or any clothing you pair it with. This is my third tube of Fig (It used to be called Sepia before Lakme reformulated this line) which says enough about how much I love this shade and the formula. It goes on opaque in a single twist of the tube and imparts a very polished look. Totally work appropriate and a must have in my opinion!

Wild berry on the other hand is a completely different story. It is a deep wine shade with golden shimmer running through it. The glossiness and conditioning are there but the formula goes on very streaky. It does not glide on effortlessly and one has to blend it out in order to get an even layer all over the lip. I think this might be due to the shimmer in the lipstick. Needless to say, I do not recommend this particular shade and do not reach for it as much as I do the nude shade, Fig. If I could go back I would undo my purchase of Wildberry and pick up another tube of Fig!

I even tried a true red shade called Gartnet and absolutely loved it, but restrained due to the fact that I NEVER wear dark lip colours and I do not like seeing product sitting un-used. Anybody else tried Gartnet or any other shades from the Aquashine range? 

Lakme Aquashine Fig

Lakme Aquashine Fig
Lakme Aquashine Wild berry
Lakme Aquashine Wild berry