Saturday, 29 March 2014

Clarins Exfoliating Brightening Toner - Review




Clarins Exfoliating Brightening Toner - £22 (Approx Rs 2000)

If I had seen this product a couple of months ago, I would have gone "eh? What is this used for? When and how do I use it?". But off late I  have made it a point to include double toning into my skincare routine, AM and PM. And I recommend everyone of you to give it a try too because I have seen some incredible results ever since. 

So what do you mean by double toning? Post cleansing I wipe two different toners across my face before popping anything else on my skin. Each is designed for different purposes, the first being an exfoliating toner and the second a hydrating toner (Click here to know more). The first step is where the Clarins exfoliating toner comes into play. 

What is an exfoliating toner? An exfoliating toner is designed to make gentle exfoliation a part of the daily/regular skincare routine in order to lift dead cells and help clear under the skin bumps to an extent. Most of them contain some form of an AHA (Glycolic, Lactic acid) or BHA (Salicylic acid) or a combination of the two which work to loosen the bond between dead skin cells thereby ridding the skin of that top layer that is dull and grey revealing bright new skin. In addition to this they also tighten pores, reduce sebum production and  help to decongest and balance the skin.The concept sounds pretty great but the question is:

Do these toners actually work? From my experience I can definitely tell that they work, albeit pretty slowly and very very gently. You will not see any ground breaking results from a single use but if you make it a part of your routine they will certainly help make your skin that much more clearer and brighter. Have you experienced those big ass pimples sitting under the skin and causing pain? I have and I still do and these toners help bring those to a head and have them packing and on their way a lot sooner. 

Results are certainly there, it smells pleasant and the packaging is a sure shot winner. But I am not too sure about the texture of this toner. It feels a little creamy leaving a slightly sticky feeling on my skin. So I only use this as part of my PM routine whereas the Pixi glow tonic which was in my routine earlier used to feel like water and I was very happy using it day and night. To me the clarins toner is strictly a night-time toner. I use it 3-4 times a week depending on how good or bad my skin is feeling that day.

I have learnt that exfoliation is key for maintaining youthful skin and have developed a passion for it! I thick everyone should have an exfoliating toner in their routine to keep the cell renewal/turnover going and to keep under skin pimples at bay. The Clarins toner is widely available and one bottle should last at least 4-6 months depending on the frequency of use. I use it as a night toner a couple of times a week and the results are certainly there to see. Do give it a try and let me know if you fall for it like I did!