Saturday, 15 March 2014

Blast from the past - Honeymoon Pictures (Paris)

The customary Eiffel Towel picture!

Following on from Wednesday's blast from the past honeymoon post, today's post is to share a few pictures from our second honeymoon to Paris. To anyone living in London a trip to Paris is inevitable. Especially when we get long weekends there is no better place to travel to than Paris. It is easier and quicker than reaching Scotland and gives the feeling of having gone on a European vacation of some sort. I liked Paris but not enough to make me want to go there a second time. It felt very much like being in London minus the French.


Monalisa - Enough Said!
There were massive crowds in front of this painting at The Louvre museum whereas some equally stunning if not more colourful and vibrant paintings had no single admirer. I still don't get why!


The Louvre had some AMAZING ceiling art going on!!! I almost got a neck ache walking with my head looking up, I am not even exaggerating.


Yet another ceiling beauty.



The Eiffel tower has to be photographed from the opposite side of the road, an area called Trocadero to capture the whole of it.


Arc De Triomphe at night. This is right at the end of one side of Champs-Elysees. One thing I missed doing in Paris was shopping, I had no idea they had a Sephora there when I visited :(


Eiffel tower at  night is simply STUNNING! It is fully lit and at the end of every hour the lights start sparkling bringing the tower into life. It gave me goosebumps! 


Taken on the way to the Versailles palace. We bought grapes from a local Sunday market and seriously guys they were the best tasting grapes EVER. Of course I had to take a picture of myself eating them in order to freeze that memory!


Inside the Versailles palace.


Apparently that is the door Marie Antoinette used to escape the angry mob during the French Revolution.


Paris metro


Notre Dame cathedral entrance.

I did not have that many good pictures of Paris, the city. I had more of the insides of the monuments than of us or the city itself. The city to me felt very very similar to London, but the monuments and their ceilings were what called out to me :) I hope you enjoyed this small Blast from the past series! :)