Wednesday, 12 February 2014

YSL Rouge Volupte Shine, Pink in Paris - Review & FOTD

 


My self portraits are always blurred - WHY?!
This is my first YSL Rouge Volupte Shine lipstick. I bought it with the mindset that this will be my first and last for this year. But from the few times I have worn it, I am already looking for a coral shade in this range. I have fallen head over heels for it, the formula, packaging, colour - everything spells PERFECTION to me.

The Rouge Volupte Shine is dubbed as a lipstick range with fruit extracts rich in vitamins and antioxidants that leave lips visibly softer and smoother with up to eight hours of hydration. 

I certainly agree on the hydration bit. For matte scaredy cats like me these lipsticks will be a god-send. It is so light on the lips, is decently pigmented and leaves lips looking like glazed donuts! My lips were pretty dry from flight travel when I took the pictures above, yet the dryness is not at all apparent(I hope!). It made my lips look plump and healthy. It is not the best in the lasting department, lasts about 3 hours on me before it disappears completely without staining. But that is how I like my lipsticks to be. I find everlasting ones very drying, too matte and that feeling just makes me want to take them off of my lips asap. The product also smells slightly fruity, not something that completely appeals to me, but atleast it is not offensive to the nose like some others (Hello, Lakme Enrich Satin!). 

This particular shade, Pink in Paris is a more natural looking muted rose pink on me. I think it will look a lot better worn with a white/pink tops. Do you approve of this colour on me?

Overall, I think these are really good quality for the price. I hate to pay a hefty amount for the same sort of quality you could get from products that might cost a lot less. This is not one of those products and is far superior quality to MAC or anything else I have tried so far. I will gladly pay the price for the quality and luxury that is YSL. I am definitely going for a second serving of this gorgeousness. More colour recommendations please???!