Monday, 17 February 2014

Moisturisers that work in the hot and cold!




Guysssss, hope you all had a great weekend! I know it is Tuesday and I am still stuck in the weekend, but why not right?! I went to Marina Beach with family and this is bambino's second time there. She took a horse ride with granpa and went into the water with her aunt, both of those times she ended up screaming! But it was a fun day out that ended in hot idli/sambar at Ratna cafe! Before I write an entire post on the idlis, lets jump right into today's topic, moisturisers that have been star performers both in India and the UK.

Products both skincare and makeup work differently based on the weather. This fact has become more apparent now that I have moved to India. Like the Chanel Vita lumiere foundation I adored while in the UK made me a greaseball when worn in Chennai. But the products I am throwing the spotlight on today have come up trumps at keeping my skin moisturised both in the hot and cold climates.

A'kin Rosehip Oil
My skin is generally extra oily when I am in a humid climate. So putting an oil over an already oily face sounds bizarre. But Rosehip oil is excellent at keeping my skin moisturised and soft. It performs really well here as it did in the cold climate. I take 2-3 drops of the oil and press it into the skin before gently rubbing it in. I reach for this on days when I have nowhere to go or nothing major going on and I know that I will not be wearing any makeup. It never fails to leave skin soft and supple. In-depth review here.

Ponds Age Miracle Day Cream
I have talked about this extensively here. It is a repurchase after I finished the pot I already had. This time I went for the smaller pot because the bigger one lasted me ages and gave me an icky feeling of fingers being dipped in and out everyday!

That being said, the actual product is really really good at keeping skin moisturised while also making it look fresh and glow-y. It has subtle shimmer running through it, nothing scary at all. I reach for it on days when I am not using rosehip oil, which usually is those days when I am going out somewhere and know I will be wearing makeup.

Do you guys have any moisturiser recommendations? I have been eyeing some Lotus herbals skincare, what do you think?