Thursday, 9 January 2014

Rediscovery - MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation & OOTD



I have recently rekindled my relationship with my favourite foundation of all times, the MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation in NC42. It used to be a HG of mine for a very long time until I ventured into liquid foundations, found the Benefit Hello Flawless and Chanel Vita Lumiere which I started showing more love towards. The MAC powder started taking a back seat, not because it performed any less, but you know how when you find something new your old but loved stuff start getting less attention. Not anymore! I have been wearing the MAC powder exclusively for the past week and I can totally see why this became my HG.

In fact I think I like it even more now than earlier. With my skincare overhaul, my facial skin has become a lot more balanced and less bumpy(Not that many under the skin lumps and bumps). I prefer applying it with the sponge applicator that comes with it as it gives a bit more coverage than when applied with a powder brush. When first applied, it completely masks any discolourations left over from past pimple scarring and gives a flawless look.  A swipe of my HG blush MAC gingerly and the slight flatness a powder foundation leaves is entirely gone.

However it looks its best when the natural oils have come through and the powder has had some time to settle on the skin. The effect is very natural yet more put together. I love this look as it literally takes me 10 minutes to achieve. It is my preferred no-makeup-makeup look! Taking it all off at the end of the day is also a breeze as it is not at all heavy and one cleanse is enough to reveal skin completely devoid of makeup.

No-Makeup-Makeup Look
  1. Apply MAC Studio Fix Powder with a sponge applicator
  2. Apply MAC blush in Gingerly on the cheekbones with the MAC 116 blush brush
  3. Apply any black eyeliner very close to the upper lashline
  4. Fill in brows with MAC Brow Pencil in Stud
  5. Set the brows in place with any clear mascara
  6. Apply a gloss or lip balm (Currently loving the By Terry Laque De Rose in Rose Canaille)
I think MAC Studio Fix Powder is an awesome foundation especially suited to normal/combination-oily skin tones with not much to conceal. I have fallen back in love with it and will continue to purchase it for as long as they make it!

OOTD
Now on to the OOTD. This is my standard winter outfit - you can even call it my cold weather uniform. A loose jumper with a thick legging and a pair of boots!
Jumper - Uniqlo
Tights - Uniqlo
Boots - Zara (3 years old!)
Oh yeah, ignore the amazon carton trying to crash my photo!