Monday, 27 January 2014

Lakme Fast & Fabulous Nail Polish - Crimson Pink, Going Green

Lakme Fast & Fabulous Nail Colour - Crimson Pink

Lakme Fast & Fabulous Nail Colour - Going Green, Crimson Pink

Lakme Fast & Fabulous Nail Colour - Going Green
Every time I travel to India I get tempted to pick up a few bits from the Lakme lineup. But every single one of those times I have been so put off by the staff at the counters. Extremely annoying with no knowledge whatsoever about makeup in general and so damn pushy. Gosh! I always leave the counter flustered and glad to be out of there. These two Lakme Fast and Fabulous  One Stroke nail polishes were bought from a Lakme salon where they had displayed the pieces neatly and I did not have anyone breathing down my neck. 

I am so glad I got to try these polishes. The consistency is creamy and the brush applies an even coat in one or two strokes. It goes opaque in a single coat, but two coats seals the deal for me. True to what it claims, the polish dries pretty quick. The best part is they stay chip free for at least 4-5 days and with a top coat the wear extends to a week. I don't even get this kind of wear from OPI nail varnishes. I would suggest using a top coat because the shine of the polish goes down in a day or two making nails look a bit flat.

Crimson Pink is a straight up crimson red (duh?!) and Going Green is a muted parrot green (Can you see I am not good at describing colours?!?). I highly recommend these nail varnishes, if you are unable to get your hands on OPI then trust me you are not missing much. These polishes are much better quality in my opinion costing Rs 175 (£1.75).

Do leave your colour recommendations from this line or any other Lakme nail polish range that you love. I am listening pen and paper at the ready!