Friday, 3 January 2014

Clarins Extra Comfort Cleansing Cream - RAVE!!!




For starters, this is going to be a super rave review.

To give you a bit of background into how I ventured into the Clarins territory, remember how I swore I was going to repurchase the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish? Well I didn’t! But before you think I am a liar, you have to hear me out on this. I actually went to my nearest Boots to get the Liz Earle stuff, but I wanted to get the tube rather than the pump version. Last time I was so sure if I cut up the bottle there will be atleast a couple of uses worth of product left, but I didn’t. To avoid wastage second time round I decided to get the tube version, but my nearest boots had run out of it. And I needed to buy a cleanser at that very moment. So my legs slowly moved towards the Clarins counter. I have read awesome things about Clarins skincare, so thought why not?!

The rave train begins! This cleanser is so gorgeous in every single way possible. The texture is like Ponds cold cream, so soft and light. If not for the packaging, you could easily mistake it for a light moisturising cream. The smell is spa-like, I find it so subtle and calming. And the results are pretty good too, clean skin that is super soft and supple. It also takes off my makeup no issues.

The clarins recommended method of using this cleanser is to gently place both palms on the face for a few seconds and then take them off slowly which will create a suction thereby pulling dirt out of your pores. I don’t do this every time I use the product, but I do do it every now and then. I remove the cleanser with a washcloth and there is no residue or icky-ness left behind. My skin feels well balanced and moisturised. This is exactly what I look for in a cleanser - something that not only cleans my face but also leaves it feeling nourished and balanced. The Clarins cleanser fits the bill perfectly

In short, it is a very gentle, non-stripping, nourishing cleanser that is packed with nature’s goodness and is a joy to use every single time. It is the perfect well rounded package really. Cannot recommend it highly enough. If you are looking to invest in a good cleanser, then you HAVE to check this out!

I paid £20 for the 200ml humongous jar. This is available on strawberrynet for Rs 2600 (why is everything so expensive in India??? Arghhh)

Ingredients listed below (Lifted off the clarins website!)

-Bio-Ecolia: preserves the skin's natural balance.

-Saponaria: a gentle, natural foaming agent.

-Shea Butter: nourishes, softens, soothes.

-Jojoba Oil: slows moisture loss.

-Palm Oil: moisturises.

-Vitamins E and A: improve skin quality.