Monday, 9 December 2013

Winter Outfits - Part I (OOTD featuring my favourite knits)



This is an OOTD post featuring some of my favourite winter knitwear from my closet. Once the cold weather starts rolling in I start looking for big sweaters to get bundled up in. I am a very warm weather kinda gal and the cold really freaks me out. So out come the woolen wear. I did not want it to become too photo heavy so split it into two parts. Hope you like!



Dinner with the other half!
This is an outfit idea for when you are going somewhere nice like to dine with your other half. Very warm yet slightly put together. The sweater actually has sequins all over and the scarf is very blingy in real life, but the photo has not done justice to either of them. Add a sparkly scarf to any plain outfit and you feel warm and look glittery too. The clutch goes rather well with the gold accessories. You agree?

Sweater - Zara
Scarf - Accessorize
Clutch - Banana Republic
Jeggings - Uniqlo
Shoes (Not pictured) - Black Patent Pumps from Clarks





Casual shopping day outfit

This outfit is totally ME! I live in casual clothes and the converse shoes are my feet's best friend! Dress up a standard cable-knit grey sweater with a huge wool snood in a different colour. The bag goes well with the colour scheme and is big enough to carry everything from child stuff to a massive camera.

Sweater, Jeggings - Uniqlo
Snood - Gap
Bag - Kipling
Shoes - All star converse


Same grey sweater worn to work with cropped black trousers and black pumps.



Winter wonderland with friends outfit

Not as blingy as the first one, not as casual as the second. Perfect for when you are going out with friends and want to look like you put some thought into your outfit. I love love love cowl neck dresses and this one is perfect for the winter time. It looked like a sack on, so I added the belt to break it up a bit.

Dress, Jeggings - Uniqlo
Belt - Next

Bag, Boots - Dune



You would have noticed that I have a number of items listed from Uniqlo. I love their knitwear this year. The colours and styles are so good and their prices are pretty reasonable too. And not to mention the quality of the stuff. If I had a store nearby where I live, my bank balance would have had a major setback by now. Thank God for that!