Wednesday, 18 December 2013

Quick work makeup update – FOTD


I had no time today to do anything to my face before heading to work today. I did moisturise and apply other creams and potions, but nothing in terms of makeup. I have gone bare faced several times to work, but today I was looking especially dull and blah, so thought a quick spruce up was needed. I had the products shown in the picture above in my handbag, from a similar incident in the past, which came in handy.

It took me literally 5 minutes to do up my face (I took a lot more time to take photos though :P) and I was happy with the little bit of put-togetherness it brought to my look. I really hope you can see the effect in the before and after photos. Please do not crush my poor heart by saying they look the same L :P

Apply Chanel vita lumiere aqua in 50 Naturel all over face and blend it with fingers. Fingers work best for this foundation, it really evens out the skin and leaves behind a subtle glow. Apply Clinique blush in Shy blush directly from the stick to the cheekbones. Sheer and blend it out with the RT Expert Face Brush. Smooth some Korres lip butter in Pomegranate on the lips. Apply oodles of mascara, I used the Benefit they’re real, which is fantastic stuff. And we are done! I really missed having an eyelash curler, because it makes applying mascara so much easier to my otherwise stick straight lashes, but oh well this works.

If hands are feeling particularly dry I apply the Vaseline healthy hands + stronger nails hand creams, which works great and smells sweet which I like.

BEFORE - Looking a little blah.



AFTER - Little bit better, no?