Wednesday, 11 December 2013

OOTD & Current favourite foundation




Hello peoples! Inviting you all to see some office loo OOTDs :D We have our team Christmas lunch today, so I decided to break out something I have not worn in a while. When it comes to work clothes I fall into some sort of a routine where I keep wearing the same stuff in rotation eventually forgetting what else I have in my closet. It must have been more than 6 months since I wore this dress. This is technically a dress but due to its shortness I wear it as a tunic. Can you spot my nail paint in the pictures? I was in a very no-nail-varnish state for a few weeks now and suddenly last night I felt the urge to paint my nails, so went for the most neutral colour I own, OPI Tickle my France-y. I likey!

Black/White Polka Dot Dress- Next
Black Cardigan – Zara
Black Jeggings – Uniqlo
Black Leather Boots – Dune

Now on to my current favourite foundation. It is the Chanel Vita Lumiere Aqua. I have samples in the shade 50 Naturel, which seems so perfect on my NC42 skin tone. It is my perfect kind of foundation,
sheer to medium,
dewy without being oily,
does not oxidise and
It is the perfect base for the  no-makeup-makeup look that I see myself strive for all the time.

Inspite of  being a water based foundation it shocks me how good the coverage is. It covers everything on my face (excluding my ever present dark circles of course!). The picture below is a murky FOTD showing the foundation in action, I foresee myself buying a full size of this stuff very soon. I promise I will do a proper review with a clear FOTD then. I see a pattern in my foundation purchases, I am definitely a water-based, dewy foundation kinda gal, starting with Benefit Hello Flawless. But the Chanel gives a much higher coverage compared to Benefit.


I could have done with some eye liner and some hair volume spray. oh well!

On a completely different note, this is my office Christmas tree. It looks much bigger and much more nicer in person. My friend and I got told off for taking pictures in the office lobby, which until then I didn’t know was off picture limits! But the rebel in me felt glad we got a few photos before she could come over, hahaha evil grin!!!