Saturday, 28 December 2013

My Hair Tools - Most & Least Used



Keeping up with the hair theme, I thought I'll talk about my most and least used hair tools. Anything to do with heat styling goes into my least used pile pictured above. I would be lying through my teeth if I said "I hate spoiling my hair and I am a fan of keeping it au naturel". The real reasons are 1) I do not have time and 2) I am too lazy for this stuff. I watch youtube videos of girls creating these gorgeous curls and chic straight hair which made me run out and buy the Remington straightener and the Babyliss curlers. The straightener I have used 5 times in 3 years and the curlers never! I took it out of the box for the first time yesterday for these photos! Moving on to the Babyliss blowdrier, I use it only for special occasions when I want a lot of volume, never on a day-to-day basis. And of course I had to have a heat protectant for all the heat styling I do :P

Enough about the least used, now time for the most used tools, which are the two combs pictured below. I think the two combined cost me about Rs 300. I highly recommend these plain old fashioned combs from the brand Roots. They are definitely pricier than similar counterparts but they are totally worth that extra penny you shell out. They softly glide through hair without tugging or scratching the scalp and have never caused any static in the hair. The smaller one is always in my handbag and the bigger next to the bathroom sink. I cannot ever go a day without these, they are the only things I use on my hair regularly. I downsized my hair brush collection to these two after going through phases with padded brushes, roller brushes and every other shape of hair brush ever manufactured. These are hands down the best.

Isn't it a joy when the cheapest of stuff you own turn out to be the best performers? Even better when they turn out to be your most used items. Just like the hair turban I spoke about yesterday? What are your favourite type of hair brushes.