Tuesday, 31 December 2013

My Hair Care Routine



 
 
 
 
Hair related posts here and here.
 
Ending the hair related posts with my hair care routine. Talking about things coming to an end, today is the last day of 2013. We are having some friends over and might play poker and watch a movie and countdown to the new year! Have you guys made any plans? Here is wishing you all a fantastic, superb, happy, fun-filled 2014!!!
 
Coming back to the topic of haircare,
My haircare routune is the exact opposite of my skincare. I do so much for my skin, invest in high-end products and make sure I do the whole CTM routine every single morning and night. But when it comes to haircare, I buy only high-street shampoos and conditioners, dont pay much thought into what they do and wash my hair every single day! But touch-wood it has never felt damaged or dry so far, maybe due to the zero heat styling I do on it. It is pretty low-maintenance really. The following are the products I am currently using on my mane
 
Shampoo and Conditioner
This changes a lot, I very rarely re-purchase shampoos & conditioners. Right now I am using the Kloranne mango shampoo and the conditioner from the same range. It is like any other good shampoo, nothing special. Kloranne, for anybody who doesn't know is a french pharmacy brand, particularly famous for their dry shampoo.
 
I always buy shampoos meant for dry/normal dair, although my hair is not dry. Products meant for oily hair scare me, I assume they might be stripping on the hair but I could be very wrong.
 
Lazy day hair wash product
Macadamia Flawless is my lazy day hair wash product of choice. It is a shampoo + conditioner in one and does the job really well. It gives me smooth, silky hair and saves me a lot of time in the mornings. I love this product and might actually repurchase it. Reviewed here.
 
Volumising product
The Loreal techniart volume mousse at the right end in the first picture is the bomb when it comes to giving my hair oodles of volume. Shake the bottle, hold it upside down and press the nozzle, it releases a big mound of white mousse. Rub it into damn hair right at the roots and blow-dry. You will end up with some va-va-vooom volume! This is the only volumising product that delivers on my fine hair. Love it!
 
I only use this occassionally when i am going somewhere nice.
 
Coconut oil
A most have in my routine, I use coconut oil on my hair on alternate nights and let it soak in overnight. My current coconut oil of choice is the Forest Essentials Japapatti hair oil. You can read a full review here. In short, it is a good oil albeit very expensive for what it does, so not a repurchase material for me. I was using pure virgin coconut oil for sometime and they both do the same but the former does it at a fraction of the price. Can you tell which one i prefer?!
 
Treatment oil - Defrizzer
Macadamia healing oil spray - Love this stuff. If and when I do not have time to wash my hair and it looks like a mess, I reach for this. It instantly de-frizzes the ends and gives it a polished look. I sometimes even take it all over my head as opposed to just the mid-lengths. It has not overly weighed my hair down or anything. Full review here.
 
This is my second bottle of this stuff so a definite repurchase material.
 
I took the pictures above while watching Harry potter and the HBP 1. I have lost count of the number of times I have watched the HP series. I have read the books twice and can't wait for my daughter to grow up so I can read them to her! Any HP fans reading this post???