Wednesday, 18 December 2013

2013 Amazing Finds - Make-up




2013 is almost over! As we step into a new year, it is time for us to reflect on some of the important things in life – Makeup of course ;) I tag the following girls(and anybody else who is reading this) to write a similar post too

Aarthi from A-Shopaholic
Parita from Vanity Treasures
Swati from Curios and Dreams
Rachna from My Beauty Express
Rashmi from Indya Beauty
Vipra from Forever Magnifico
Krithi from Its Kris World

Now on to my favourite find of this year -
This has got to be cream blushes! I stayed far far away from them assuming I didn’t need more grease on my already greasy skin. I first came upon one at the Clinique counter and bought it just for the packaging and the colour of the product, as silly as that makes me sound(Review here). And since then there has been no looking back! It is not that I have gone out and bought every single cream blusher under the sun, but I reach for them more often than I do my powder blushers. The Clinique one comes in a stick format, I just dab it on my cheekbones and blend it out with my RT Expert Face Brush. It is a peachy-terracotta everyday sort of shade that beautifully injects warmth and life into my skin, especially when my face is looking a little flat with foundation and powder. I love it! It is not the most long-lasting, but no blusher has lasted the entire day on me so far and this is no exception.

Since I tried the Clinique one, I have gone out and spent an extortionate amount of money on a Chanel cream blush in the shade Destiny. This falls in the terracotta colour family too, but has a lot more brown compared to the Clinique one. I apply this with my fingers. It goes on beautifully and needs very little blending if any. It is a cream to powder formula, suitable for anyone wanting to start using cream blushers but find the likes of MAC slightly icky. I have to do a full review with a FOTD on this soon.

Has 2013 been a good year for you? Wishing 2014 is all the more joyous to each and every one of you J