Tuesday, 26 November 2013

Macadamia Healing Oil Spray - Review



I love a good oil for my hair. I seem to invest more in oils and treatment products than shampoos and conditioners. And macadamia oil has been in my hair arsenal for a few years now. And I love it for everything it does.

What it claims to do?
-          Provides intense nourishment
-          Long lasting tangle & frizz-free finish
-          Amazing shine and manageability
-          Instantaneous absorption
-          Light-weight, non-greasy feel
-          Extends colour treatment life
-          Natural UV protection
-          Reduces drying time 40-50%

The Packaging
Housed in a heavy glass bottle, the dispenser is either a pump or a spray. If you go for the pump version, the oil is very thick and you rub it between your hands and run your fingers through the ends of your hair. With the spray, you can directly spray the product to your hair and run a brush through it.

I have tried both and both have their own good & bad. The pump version contains very thick oil, so I think we get a more concentrated product for the money. But I would do anything to not get oil on my hands and then have to wash with soap to get it off. Hence I went for the spray bottle.

The spray version is very convenient in terms of application, but the oil inside is very very watery, so makes me wonder if it a diluted version of the actual product, ahtough the results are pretty much similar. The spray sometimes deposits more product than needed and I have to brush it several times to distribute the oil evenly.

The Results
I have applied it to wet and dry  hair and in both instances it has given me great results. When applied to wet hair, my hair post-drying is noticeably shiny and silky.
When applied to dry frizzy hair, it certainly takes the frizz down and makes hair look more glossy. The results make me want to go crazy and spray it all over my head to tame the fly-aways on top too, but I get scared that it might weigh my hair down. So I refrain from doing that!

As for drying time reduction, UV protection etc I can’t really tell if it is performing. The rest of the claims above are pretty spot on.

Repurchase? -
I am currently on my 3rd bottle of this stuff and I am sure I will repurchase again and again.

The Price
Rs 700 on Amazon(Amazon seems to always be the cheapest option out there by almost 50% :O). You can get it from FeelUnique for Rs 1200 with free delivery.