Friday, 8 November 2013

4 Work Outfits - OOTDs

Another work outfit post! These posts will not have many new pieces (I cannot go shopping for clothes every week can I?!) but will have clothing items from past outfit posts styled slight differently.

I am currently working on downsizing my wardrobe and stripping it down to only those items that I like and wear all the time. In the process I have created a pile of clothes that fall under “Never worn in a year, but still wanna keep”. All outfits below will have been styled with such a clothing piece! Lets jump right into the first one.

Outfit 1
I have been looking for the perfect pair of affordable leather boots ever since the weather turned a little chilly. I have a few pairs of ankle boots  but no calf boots. I am still not comfortable wearing knee-high boots without feeling like bandit queen! I bought these from Dune, Dune does the best leather boots and most of them are MADE IN INDIA!

The blazer shown here is from the pile mentioned above. It is literally my first ever blazer and I have worn it to two interviews in the past and that’s about it. I did not put any thought into this outfit except for wanting to wear the blazer in some form! I am happy how it turned out.

If you have seen past OOTD posts here you will have no trouble recognising this dress!



Dress – Monsoon
Blazer – Dorothy Perkins
Tights – M & S
Boots – Dune

Outfit 2
Yet another blazer outfit. This blazer is a recent buy but has already been worn twice, which is a good sign in my books. (I look so extremely tired in these pics, courtesy the late dinner with friends!)

The peplum top worn here has also been shown here in the past. The shoes here are from THE PILE, really like them but have just not been used in a while.



Navy graphic print peplum top – Next
Black cropped pants – Zara
Grey/Navy trim blazer – Gap
Gold/Black lace ballet flats – Deichmann


Outfit 3
This is my least favourite outfit of the lot. I wore this shift dress with a white top for my graduation which was 2 years ago and I wore it for the second time this week. I would give this dress away to a friend if not for the graduation sentiment attached to it. The white shirt I wore has since worn off, guess it’s time to try finding a new white top to go with this grey shift.


Red stripe shirt – United Colours of Benetton
Grey shift dress – Next
Tights – M&S
Flats – Clarks


Outfit 4
Outfit worn for dinner with friends following a work day. I was itching to wear the sweater the day after I bought it, but waited for the dinner J This outfit does not have anything from THE PILE. I carried the small sling bag(shown here) for accessory and got a few compliments on it. It is dinky but is the perfect size to fit all my essentials (I might do a “whats in my sling bag” post!)


Sweater – Banana Republic
Cropped black trousers – Zara
Flats – Jones
Watch – Titan Raga