Tuesday, 1 October 2013

Ren Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Face Mask - Review & Photos


Until recently I equated face mask to multani mitti! It was not a big part of my skincare routine, but off late I seem to be embracing them a lot more. I have a Biotique mud mask (Reviewed here) to use when my skin needs a deep clean which is once in two weeks. While researching for a good weekly mask I kept bumping into reviews on the Ren Glycolactic Radiance Renewal mask. One evening after work when I was feeling rather spendy I popped into a nearby SpaceNK(UK chain selling high-end skincare) and this baby happily went home with me. I have been using it for more than a month now, religiously every Sunday and I now am fully equipped to rave write about it.

Ren as a brand is not new to me. I have used a couple of their clay cleansers in the past, I remember them to be good, but nothing spectacular. Their products are all paraben free, actually there is a big list of stuff they don’t contain, all the baddies that you can think of. This mask is no different. It contains fruit extracts from papaya, lemon, grape, pineapple along with a host of others than I do not understand and works to restore the natural glow in the skin by gently exfoliating and getting rid of any blockages. And restore the glow it does!

I use 2-3 pumps of it generously all over my face and neck, leave it on for 10-15 mins(I cheekily leave it on for 20, that’s how I am!) and then wipe it off with a muslin cloth. It tingled a little bit on first use, but never after. It looks and smells like pineapple jam. I bet it also tastes like one!



Results
Immediately after first user it made my skin look refreshed and glow-y. My complexion looked a lot clearer and skin felt a lot smoother in general. After a month's use though, I don’t see the same kind of results, but I think that is expected since my skin is well-exfoliated these days and does not have that many issues that need tackling. Ever since I started using this my skin is definitely less oily in the cheek and forehead area (the tip of my nose is still an oil pot, but that’s a different story all together!). I have revamped my entire skincare, so results cannot be attributed to this one alone but this one is definitely a star performer.

Recommend? Yes, for anyone with dull skin looking for an instant pick-me-up treatment. But definitely not for sensitive skin as this is quite a concentrated exfoliant.

Repurchase? I would continue to use this one up, albeit less frequently more like a skin pamper item. However I will not be repurchasing as I have already set my eyes on quite a few other face masks that promise the entire world!

Price? £30 (Rs 2800 approx) Buy from lookfantastic, offering free worldwide delivery!