Monday, 14 October 2013

Product empties - Review & Photos


This post features empties over the past month or so. Click on the names for detailed reviews.

1) Venusia Max moisturising cream - Moisturiser offer from Dr Reddy's lab meant for extremely dry skin anywhere in the body. I had dry almost hardened skin on the sides of my feet caused due to sitting cross legged on the floor during pregnancy(sounds weird but my gyanecologist had asked me not to sit up with legs hanging down!). This cream almost cleared those patches within a few weeks.

Highly effective but will not be re purchasing due to parabens.

2) Soap & glory flake away - I have already taken the lable out and it now houses cotton pads!

Definitely repurchasing (I can still smell the scrub in the box!)


3) Sure compressed deo - Like it a lot. Smells fruity n girly but the scent does not linger. Have already repurchased.

4) Nivea tinted moisturising day cream - This tinted moisturiser gave skin a smooth finish with light coverage, enough on those days when I am not in the mood for painting face with foundation. But it made my skin extremely oily by afternoon and broke me out especially on my forehead. So this product was used only twice but I am getting rid of it.

Guess I should name this post "Products I am getting rid of" rather than empties... oh well!

5) MAC oil control lotion - Meant to mattify oily skin thereby making foundation last longer. It seemed  to work only the first few times on my combi skin but eventually stopped doing anything to control oil on my face.

Not repurchasing. Keeping the bottle for a "Back to Mac"!

6) MAC Eyebrow pencil in shade "Stud" - My eyebrow staple. I go through these quite a lot, it is an easy no-fuss sorta brow product. Packaging saved for "Back to MAC"!

7) ELF lash curler - These are great for the price. Used them to death and have since lost the rubber insert. I have replaced these with yet another cheap Boots lash curlers. The Shu uemura ones are currently sitting on top my beauty to-buy list!

8) ELF Kabuki brush - Another great elf gem. For the price, this kabuki is really great quality. Extremely soft, easy to wash with no shedding and is very densely packed too. I have had it for many years now and it looks near death, very dusty and dirty. So time to replace it with something else, if I find the need for a kabuki in my life.

I really shouldn't be naming this post "Empties"!