Friday, 18 October 2013

My Current Skincare Routine - Day & Night


Daytime


Wash
These are the cleansers I am currently in love with. Both absolute gems, but if I had to choose one then it has to be the EH cleansing balm. Pure luxury!

Tone
For the toning step I use the Pixi Glow tonic. It is an exfoliating toner, which helps to slough off the surface dead cells to reveal newer softer skin. As you can see it is a a very minimal packaging, each one of these is hand packed. I am looking to ad a hydrating toner to my routine like the La Roche Posay Serozinc, but that is only available in France or Ebay. So waiting for someone at work to travel to Paris!

I haven’t written a separate post on the glow tonic because I have not been able to single the effects from this one alone.


Serum
I never used serum products until I came across Hydraluron. This keeps my skin baby-bottom soft by helping skin absorb moisturiser that goes on top it even better. LOVE this stuff, an absolute miracle.

Moisturise
I have a couple of moisturisers in rotation. You know I like my Clinique DDMG and moisture surge. But I see myself reaching for the Ponds Age Miracle Day cream over everything else on most days. I love this stuff, it makes skin super soft and the anti-ageing bit is a bonus. It is affordable too!

Treatments
For treatments I use two masks in rotation, one a clay mask and the other an exfoliating+radiating one. The masks of choice at the moment are Biotique Mud Mask and Ren Glycolactic Radiance Renewal mask. I use them once a week and both show instant results.

I would love to incorporate some facial oils into this mix.

Eye Cream
For eye creams I absolutely love Indeed Labs Eysilix. But I find that it makes the eye area a tad bit dry thereby disrupting the concealer from blending well. So on top of eysilix I dab a little bit of Clinique All About Eyes. This stuff glides on almost feeling like a primer. A piece of warning though, this stuff stings like crazy even If the tiniest amount gets in the eye!

Lips
I use my tried and trusted Barriedem Lip balm but I am slowly running out of it and on the lookout for something else. Let me know If you have any suggestions. 

Night-time

Wash, Tone, Serum, Eye cream and Lips are all the same as my day time routine. The only things I change up are

Moisturise
I use the Ponds Age Miracle night cream. Love this stuff. Such a good product at a super-affordable price!

Intensive overnight treatment
Once every 2-3 days I use Alpha-H liquid Gold. I don’t follow it up with anything.