Wednesday, 30 October 2013

La Roche Posay Haul - Lip, face and more face!


For those of you who aren't aware, La Roche Posay is a very famous french pharmacy brand dedicated to skincare. For example LRP is to the French what Biotique is to us Indians! Except LRP has a worldwide fan base. It is safe to say that every skincare junkie out there will have atleast one LRP holygrail product, be it their sun protection or their acne treatments.

I have not tried any of their stuff myself, but have a big lust list with a fair few of their products in there. They are not so readily available in the UK in that you can get them online etc, but they do not exactly have an aisle presence everywhere. Recently when I was on the lookout for a good lip repair balm I thought I ll give their's a try (my HG lip balm got over but is horrendously priced online, almost £15 for which I paid Rs 600 in India). And naturally I placed more than what I actually need in the shopping basket!

All these items cost between £5 and £6 each (Rs 500 - 600) at Escentual.com. very prompt service with a great selection of French pharmacy brands. 




LRP Thermal Spring Water - I wanted to see what all the hype about facial spritzers was. I have used MAC Fix+ in the past and absolutely hated it. What is supposed to make my face look fresh made me look all sweaty. I was never sure about it and always blamed myself that I was doing something wrong with the application. LRP serozing is on my wishlist but I cannot get it in the UK, so I settled for this.




LRP Ceralip - I have had lip issues throughout my life and this is what came to my rescue. But I did not get one when I was in India recently and I have now run out of it. So I ordered LRP Ceralip as a replacement since it seems to have a pretty loyal fan base. Can't wait to test it out!


LRP Effaclar H - Multi Compensating Soothing Moisturiser - This is a moisturiser/day cream recommended for oily skin that also has some dry patches, which is exactly my kind of skin. The areas around my nose are starting to get dry, maybe with the colder windy weather and my beloved Ponds Age miracle day cream is running out. So I thought I will give this a try. My way of justifying anything and everything that I buy! But hey if it works then hurrah right?!

I will write detailed reviews on each of these when I make up my mind on them!