Wednesday, 9 October 2013

Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Foundation - Review, Photos & FOTD


My hunt for the perfect liquid foundation took me everywhere from Clinique to Chanel! I think it has now ended with Benefit. Most times my complaint was my face looking grey and dull due to too much pink in the foundation. I did not want to go with MAC, nothing against the brand but I just wanted to branch out a bit more. I have a complete rant post dedicated to that here. This is a review of the Benefit Oxygen Wow Hello Flawless Foundation.

Few facts about it
1)      Comes in 9 shades. I am in the shade Toasted Beige (NC42 in MAC)
2)      Light-to-medium coverage
3)      Oil Free
4)      SPF 25 PA+++
5)      Brightening foundation
6)      Moisturising formula
7) Very very convenient pump packaging

This shade Toasted Beige is an awesome match for my NC42 skintone. It has enough yellow in it as is customary of brightening makeup. That makes it perfectly suitable for my warm yellow undertones, thereby instantly brightening my face. When I first tried this in store I could not believe how good it made my face look, like I had light bulbs under my skin! It really does stand true to its brightening claim. The foundation is extremely long wearing, my face stays pretty put together even at the end of a work day.

As for consistency, it is a slightly runny fluid, which makes it a light coverage foundation, but it is buildable to medium coverage. I have a few acne scars on my cheek, but with this I get away with not using concealer at all. It has moisturising claims, which I think is true. It moisturises for sure, but that leads to a slightly icky issue – it being a “wet” foundation. For the first few minutes after application, my face looks a bit wet and shiny, which eventually does settle into a dewy finish. But when I saw this for the first time I was a bit scared because my skin is combination/oily and anything shiny is not at all good! Now that I have worked with it enough this does not bother me at all because I know that the shine lasts only for a few minutes.

I have tried applying it with fingers, RT expert face brush and with the Sigma angled kabuki brush. I like the finish I get with the Sigma brush the best, although I think it would look even better when used with the traditional synthetic foundation brush(Added to the never-ending shopping list! And yeah and Benefit Porefessional too). I am really enjoying using this foundation to the point where I have been reaching for this over my all-time favourite MAC Studio finish powder!

Overall thoughts
I love how it makes my face glow-y without making it oily. I also like the fact that I come home and don’t wince at my face. Rather I let out a small “oh wow” in my head! I highly recommend this foundation to anyone with warm yellow undertones looking for a light coverage everyday foundation.

Price - £22 (Roughly Rs 2000)

One pump of product

Bare skin - Post moisturiser

Check-out the glow! :P