Tuesday, 20 August 2013

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick Mink - Review & Photos

Work-appropriate mauve-pink lipstick with a cream finish. That is exactly what my favourite lipstick would look like. I am perennially on the hunt for such colours. I end up with similar shades even when I try bringing home a red lipstick or something different for once! I think pinky mauve-y shades give medium-dusky skin tones the MLBB look we are all after.





My thoughts on Revlon Lipsticks

Revlon is one of my trusted drugstore brands when it comes to lip products. They make awesome quality lipsticks that just glide on your lips and have no smell or taste. They come in a million different shades, you will always find something you like in there. I am not big on lip gloss, but they seem to have equally beautiful glosses too.

Mink - Shade, Finish & Experience

Mink looked like it ticked all of the boxes, work-appropriate mauve-pink lipstick with a cream finish, so straight it went into my kitty. It is part of the super lustrous range which come in Pearl, Cream and Matte finishes. The creams have no sparkle or shine, they look matte but are not drying and feel quite creamy.

Unfortunately, although the shade looks quite pink, it seems to have strong brown undertones hidden somewhere. When worn on the lips it comes out darker than it looks in the tube, which sounds strange. But look at the swatches and you will know. I still wear it a lot, infact I dont even need a mirror to put this on. But I try and keep a light hand when I am at it, because too many swipes and it looks too dark almost imparting a brick-maroon shade.

Revlon Mink - Swatched second from right

Would I repurchase? Hmm, as much as I LOVE the formula, I am not a big fan of the actual shade. Hence I will definitely be trying more from this range, just will not be repurchasing this shade.

Price - £7.99 in the UK (About Rs 560)