Monday, 26 August 2013

Revlon Honey Douce - Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain Review & Swatches



I am so very late on the fat-lip-products-love bandwagon. For a long time I kept avoiding them convincing myself that I do not buy a product merely for the packaging. But turns out I could only convince myself for so long! I wanted the Clinique chubby stick, but settled for the Revlon merely due to the price, but now I know it is just a matter of time before I pick up a chubby stick intense!

This is such cute packaging, like lipstick with baby fat! I love the twist-ability and no sharpening concept of these chubby sticks. The product goes on very smooth, creamy and is definitely on the moisturing side. It also has a pepperminty flavour/smell to it that I personally love! No discernible taste, just a minty freshness when you apply it to your lips, which does not last very long though. 

As for the colour, I went for the one that looked like a safe option to me (as always!). Every time I go drugstore makeup shopping, I think that I should pick up something bold and not safe, but end up with an everyday natural shade! This one is no different, a rosy mauve everyday-handbag shade, which you can just apply without worrying about precision.

It is a balm stain, so expect to get the moisturising-ness of a balm and the colour of a stain. It gives a sheer wash of colour and would not hide lip pigmentation. The longevity is not so great, which might be a con for a section of ladies, but definitely not for me. I like to keep it on my desk and apply it anytime I feel my lips getting dry-ish. 


Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - Honey Douce - Swatched first from left
To check out what the rest of the swatches are, click here, here and here.


Would I recommend? OH YES! I would be lying if I said I did not buy it for the packaging. I totally did; but the product turned out to be great too. So no qualms there! 

Price? 7.99 in the UK (Rs 800, due to the exchange rate!!!)

PS: I will be shelling out a LOT more and getting myself a Clinique chubby stick intense very soon, but I promise it will be a brighter bolder shade! :P