Friday, 2 August 2013

OOTDs from a recent trip

This is a collective OOTD post featuring items from my recent Zara haul. All these pictures were taken on a recent trip to Scotland. Scotland is one of the most beautiful countries I have visited so far. It has on offer some amaing scenery and loads of unspoilt countryside. This is my second visit to this beautiful beautiful country and it definitely did not disappoint. I would love to live in Edinburgh some day :D

Daughter n I soaking in the views!
Outfit One:
This is me grinning happily because this is my first time seeing Edinburgh in such lovely weather. This street is called "Royal Mile" and is part of the oil city. Just strolling along those cobblestone streets with dimly lit narrow side alleys and old stone buildings gives me unparalleled happiness.

Outfit details:
On to the outfit, I paired basic black cropped work pants with a cream knit top (which has a big bow in front!) and threw a grey cardigan on top. Looking at this picture I feel it looks more work appropriate than holiday appropriate! You can't really see much of the ballet flats, but they are black velvet with golden bits all over. I am not big on accessories, here I am wearing my auras swiss watch and a pair of pearl drop earrings. I carried my tan bag that I bought from Dune. You can see in this in the last picture.

Tops - Next
Trousers - Zara
Cardigan - Zara
Shoes - Jones the bootmaker 

Outfit No 2
This is me posing next to a Scottish cow! Spotting one was high on my agenda and my husband made sure my wish came true! As soon as I saw her I literally ran with my hand outstretched to pat the crazy mane, but she was much less enthusiastic and greeted me with a blow on my hand with that crazy horn of her's. But that made me even happier that I got told off by a scottish cow :P

Outfit Details:
Vintage looking cream jumper paired with bright green jeans, all from the same Zara haul. I paired it with my MOST FAVOURITE PAIR OF SHOES in my shoe closet. My trusty, comfy All Star converse! I love them and think that everyone should own one, just to understand how comfortable they really are! If I could I would even wear them to work with a suit :P

Tops, Trousers - Zara
Shoes - Converse (All Star) 


We were there for a total of 4 days. I do  not have any good pics of the first day's outfit because we were too tired from the travelling and did not click many pics. As for the last day I do not have any solo pics of myself.

The below are a few pics that make me happy:
1) Skinny latte with vicrotia sponge cake (We went to this cafe which was right next to a loch (huge lake). The views were to die for!)
2) Fish and chips for my husband
3) The cafe's sign board
4) Outside seating at the cafe (That's me and my daughter just soaking in the views! Actually I was busy posing coz I saw from the corner of my eye my husband trying to take a click of us!)

Skinny latte with Victoria sponge cake


Cafe Sign board

Fish n Chips for my hubby




2 comments:

  1. Great photo of you with your daughter! :)
    Really like the combo of mint pants with the vintage-y sweater. And I agree, the first outfit looks work-appropriate (in a good way).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      Yes I have started wearing that combo to work!

      Delete