Sunday, 4 August 2013

MAC Studio Fix Powder foundation - Review & Photos



It is a coincidence that I have hit pan on all of the MAC products I have reviewed here so far. It shows that I really love them all and use quite regularly. This foundation is no exception. I am on my second pot of this and have hit pan on it. I use this EVERY SINGLE DAY. For reference I am an NC42 with combination-oily skin, oily for the most part. So I prefer powder foundations over liquids because they tend to fare well on oily skin and I really dont like very heavy coverage. For this reason liquid products really really scare me. 





Packaging 
This is the powder version of the MAC Studio fix fluid foundation. It comes in a black classic MAC packaging, with a built-in mirror and a sponge applicator which is securely placed under the actual pan. I dont really care for the mirror but if you are someone who does regular touch-ups then the mirror and sponge will definitely come in handy. 




Coverage 
The foundation gives my face a really even finish without leaving a powdery cast. In terms of coverage, I would say this is medium coverage as it does not cover all of my blemishes. I do like them to peek through which might sound crazy but it gives me a feeling that my skin is beathing through and if I really need them covered I can always use a concealer. 




Staying power 
The staying power is decent. It lasts on me for about 5-6 hours after which I can see the redness around my nose showing. At this point a slight touch-up is a must, but I am too lazy for that on normal days. So by the end of the day I end up looking like I wore no makeup at all. 

How I apply 
I have just recently started using the sponge applicator to apply this foundation and have fallen head over heels in love with it. All along I was using the MAC 134 large powder brush which I have talked about here, but the sponge is definitely the way to go with this foundation. It gives much better coverage and really packs on the product. It makes sure you get the coverage with very little product. If however you are using this to set liquid foundation then the 134 brush is the best tool since the sponge might end up applying too much giving a cakey finish.

Would I repurchase? 
Most certainly YES! I have already bought a backup of this, although I fail to understand why! I highly recommend this product to anyone with oily skin looking for a medium coverage foundation.

6 comments:

  1. i have the same in nc42 as well :) totally love if for office wear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Parita, yes me too! I have tried other MAC foundations and have always come back to this :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds very impressive. I would be super happy to see all my MAC products half empty like yours :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aarthi, I do have some MAC products which have been left untouched, I have stashed them away in a bag because they make me guilty (strobe cream, fix+ I am looking at you) :P

      Delete
  3. I want to try MAC foundation range this sounds really good one Nice review dear :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Radha :) What is your fav foundation?

      Delete