Monday, 19 August 2013

MAC blush Springsheen - Review, Swatches & Photos

MAC Springsheen has been in my collection for 2 years now. And it has been used less than 5 times in those 2 years! That is until I find a new way of applying it. Since then, in the last month or so I have been reaching for it every single day. Read on to know more about how I made it work for me.


What did not work for me?
Springsheen belongs to the sheertone shimmer blush category (Read here for another MAC blush review in the same family). These blushers are meant to be sheer, with not so crazy pigmentation containing lotsa shimmer in them. Springsheen is exactly that, a burnt peachy blush with very fine golden shimmer. It looks beautiful in the pan but it hardly shows up on my NC42 skintone. You really have to pack it on to make it show on medium dark complexion. After trying a few times to make it show, I gave up on it and stopped using it entirely. It has not been such a waste afterall, because recently while trolling the internet for product reviews I read somewhere that it works best layered with a matte blusher. I immediately tried doing that and tada, I found my current favourite blush combination.



How I made it work?
I first apply my favourite MAC blush gingerly starting at the apples of my cheek and extending it up to the temples. Blend it in and next apply a good dose of springsheen right at the apples. This combination gives the most gorgeous highlighted cheek effect ever, that glow from within sorta look if you know what I mean! The golden shimmer suits my warm Indian skin and looks so beautiful and the effect stays put through out the day. I am so glad I made the blush work for me because I really dont like product sitting unused in my collection. Gingerly + springsheen is my current favourite cheek combination.

Would I recommend? YES! For light-medium skintones this will make for a great peach blusher, for the medium-darker skintones this will work more as a highlighter. I recommend layering it with a matte blusher to truly see its potential.

Price - £18 (Approx Rs 1600)

Enjoy the swatch goodness!