Saturday, 15 June 2013

Loreal color riche nail lacquer review

The Loreal color riche nail varnishes have been on my wish list ever since MakeupByTiffanyD started raving about these. There is currently a Buy-one-get-one-half-price sale going on in Boots across a number of beauty products. I picked up this varnish in shade Mauve Rendez Vous and the Barry M gelly hi-shine varnish in Pomegranate. 


After 4 days of wear
I knew I wanted something different from the usual pink or coral shades and Mauve
 Rendez Vous caught my eye. It looked like an egg plant shade with purple iridescence. I found it strange that Loreal named it Mauve render vous because to me it did not look mauve at all. I gave myself a manicure with this shade the same day I bought it. I was sure I would love the polish because i seem to blindly believe in tiffanyD's recommendations. To my surprise when I applied the first coat it went on crazy streaky! But the second coat went on so smooth and evened everything out. And the shade on my nails once dry was definitely egg plant with purple iridescence.

Can you see the purple iridescence?!

The consistency is really creamy. I am currently on my 4th day and all my nails are still chip free with very minor tip wear. The brush shape makes it quite easy to coat the entire nail in one swipe. 


Overall I really like the consistency. The streakiness might be shade dependant and it quickly disappears when the second coat is applied. The colour is quite nice and is a good break from the shades I normally reach for. I will definitely be picking up more colours from this range.