Friday, 14 June 2013

Boots Vs Elf eyelash curlers

Gone are the days when I used to think eyelash curling was a faff! I have made eye lash curling a part of my daily makeup routine. I cannot tell if they really make me look awake, but they sure make mascara application a lot easier and fool proof! My lashes after a night’s sleep are straight as sticks and I poke my eye with the mascara wand every time I apply mascara before curling my lashes. Post curling though I can coat my lashes from the roots and I think it really does make a difference.

ELF Lash Curler




Until now I have been using the ELF eyelash curler bought because I did not want to spend more than a £1 on something
 I thought was gimmicky! But for a quid they do the job and do it rather nicely. It is made of solid steel and for the price it feels surprisingly sturdy and it even comes with an extra curling pad. Now I do not remember anything about the packaging it came in since I purchased mine almost 2 years ago! I have been using it every single day since I bought it and I really really like it and would highly recommend it.


Boots Lash Curler


Now moving on to my recent purchase, the boots eyelash curlers. I bought these because I really needed new ones and wanted them quick. I did not have the patience to place an ELF online order and these were pretty cheap at under £5. They are meant to be a dupe of the Shu uemura curlers, but whether that is true I cannot tell! They are quite good and again do the job just as well if not better than the ELF ones. But I did notice that the boots one gave my lashes a softer curl than the ELF ones which sometimes leave a harsh fold. One very important difference for me was the extra curling pad on the boots one came attached to the curler so you won’t lose it which is exactly what I did with the one that came with ELF, which is a plus for someone like me! :)







Overall I think both the curlers do the job, but the boots one is a tad bit better in terms of giving a softer curl and the extra pad stays securely attached to the curler which is a plus!