Tuesday, 25 June 2013

Blush Love - The Body Shop Nature's minerals blush in Brown Topaz - Review, Swatches & Photos


I bought this blush on sale for £5. I love MAC Gingerly and this looked like a powder form of gingerly. So I bought it without even swatching since at £5 I had nothing to lose. I now think it was a total score since I absolutely enjoy the colour and it being 100% natural is always a bonus.
 
This is a loose powder blush that comes in a sturdy glass pot with a screw on lid. There are obvious glitter particles in there but they all fall off the minute the brush touches my skin. Under bathroom lights I can actually spot glitter flying around when I swipe the brush across my cheeks! The recommended method of application is to tip the pot upside down with the lid on(obviously!!!), then swirl your blush brush into whatever products is there in the lid and apply to your cheeks. I have seen that the less product you use the better the effect. Beware of muddy cheeks with too much product.
 



The blush falls in the earthy terracotta colour family and with minimum product it gives my cheeks that naturally sun kissed look. I just love the effect. It can totally wake up my face and lift my otherwise flat makeup. It lasts absolutely ages on my oily skin where other blushes including MAC ones fade within a few hours. My only gripe is that I somehow manage to get this product all over the place every single time I use it. So when I am in a hurry I find myself avoiding this and going for a pressed blush in a pan.




Even with all the spilling you do not have to worry about it running out quickly because there is a ton of product in there and I don’t think I will ever have to repurchase it. If I do end up losing it though it is something I would totally repurchase. I highly recommend this blush for anyone with dusky skin tones looking for a natural blusher.